It's here the review I have been dying to do. The Choco Locks Whipped cream Mousse is here this stuff is absolute Delicious. This product is Know Your Hair Approved which once you use this you will understand why.
This product is 100% Vegan-friendly and Cruelty-Free.
Now, this product is not going to give hold so if your looking for a product to set your rollers with this product is not for you. This product will give a (sprinkle of a lift) it actually says this on the bottle. Just for reference, this means volume. This product gives you shine and a super soft finish check out my channel on youtube above to watch my new review.
Lets first answer the question at hand what is a hair serum? The answer is a lightweight durable product that has an oil or cream-like feel. This will be used to protect your hair from environmental damage such as dust and pollution as well as a great protector from the sun.
Serum has the ability to speed up your drying time as most serums are oil-based this repeals water off the hair shaft in return speeding up your drying time. The three Fs fluffiness Frizzyness and flyaways. So after drying before any styling products apply 2 pumps of your desired serum to your hand massage in your hands like a hand cream then apply to hair, this will polish your style and get rid of the above. Remember less is more.
Hair Serum so what do we no about them. well after 2 weeks researching and reading the types of benefits you can get from hair serum, I got so confused.
Marketing these days have you hooked on every single word but then when you start to scratch the surface of these products they all look and sound the same but which one do I bye ?????
So when you are buying a serum you need to know what hair type you are and of course what type of serum you want for example.
If you have Fine Hair and you are looking to Get a serum for Dry Damaged Hair then you need to think about a nourishing, hydrating, repairing serum. Top tip if you have fine hair and wash every day you properly need a hair cream rather than a hair serum which will properly be oil-based and if not applied correctly this will make your hair greasy and unmanageable.
Tip / When applying a serum it is so important to work from the ends of the hair up to mid-lengths and then if you feel that you need it on the roots. An easy way to remember is the tip to roots not root to tips.
The ingredients / Well as you can imagine serums are full of vitamins as well as glycerin and words you probably can't pronounce, unfortunately, some serums have good and bad elements just like your shampoo and conditioners look out for ingredients such as DEA (diethanolamine) MEA (monoethanolamine) Aluminum, PEG (Polyethylene glycol) basically plastic.
Yes look out for Parabens and sulphates but normally these are water-soluble and as soon as you have washed the product out there is no longer a build-up.
So remember the following.
1. A serum can illuminate the three fs Fluffness frizziness & flyaways.
2. A serum can polish and add shine to your finished style.
3. A serum can speed up your drying time.
4. Protect your hair from the environment.
5. Helps to replenish and repair damaged hair.
So this Autumn when looking for a new hair serum remember what I have told you and remember if you have any question just email me or message me on Instagram @knowyourhair
Now let me just begin with this simple status (I never normal bye Garnier products.) However when I purchased this from the supermarket back last year I was very surprised with the formula.
The packaging of this product reminds me very much of a yoghurt pot and the theme is present with this brand the shampoos also look like smoothies which to me is very unique. The brand has a vegan formula which is 98% natural origin the following 2% is due to preservatives to keep the product from going off. Now I have been surprised by how long these products have lasted as I have been using this product for a couple of months now.
What does it do? Well, this product is a 3-in-1 conditioning mask that can be used as part of your hair maintenance routine. The ways in which you use this product is set out as followed.
1. Use as Hair conditioner simply wash in and wash out alongside your desired shampoo.
2. Use as a hair mask to do this simply apply to hair comb throw and leave for 5-10mins then wash out to leave the hair soft, shiny and healthy.
3. Use as a leave-in conditioner, wash your hair with the desired shampoo then apply a conditioning mask to mid-lengths and ends and leave. Go about your daily routine as you would I would properly recommend this way for you curly's out there this will stop your hair going frizzy and will dry into amazing curls.
This product is (Know Your Hair) Approved
For more information about this product head over and watch my vlog where are will go over what formula and scent are good for the different hair types.
Check out the Paul Mitchell review below love these products use them day in day out. Any comments pop them in the comments box. Byeeeeee
So over the last week, I have been reviewing Kevin Murphy Haircare products. Well, where do I begin to explain? So product packaging is very eye-catching looks great on the shelve and the side of the Bath.
However, that's all the praise I can give. I love the concept of the Brand Kevin Murphy have marketed there products as Sulphate free and Parabens free. The products are 100% vegan however some products do have beeswax so maybe more 85% vegan-friendly. As the hair industry becomes more aware of the environment Kevin Murphy is the first brand to use 100% recycled ocean waste. Kevin Murphy has also stated that their products are 100% cruelty-free. So you are probably thinking this is amazing and this is amazing this brand has made waves but what is the product like to use on a day to day bases.
I had decided to use three products to use throughout the week and as a stylist in a busy salon, I can say this is a fair review. All products are rated from 1-10 so let us see how Kevin Murphy did!
1. First product everybody was going (crazy) about was the Anti Gravity spray in volume treatment. So I give it a go my Client has fine to medium hair. I spray in as manufactures guidelines suggest and blowdry as I normally would. Both my self and the client was a bit shocked by the product smell. We both said the product was very overpowering. The Powerful Scent of Lavander punches your nostrils reminding me of an old people home.
The product is 100% oil-free however I felt it weighed the hair down and I had to go through the hair with a tong to give more volume.
The cost of this product for retail is £30.00 which I feel is a bit pricey for the result. So my overall score for this product is a (2/10) I feel I would have had more volume if I had used no product at all.
2. Shimmer.Shine spray. This product I used throughout the week on clients as a finishing product to add shine and provide a barrier from the crazy wind we have had this week. Now I love a finishing product to help polish and define your work and this product does give you the shine however I would use sparingly too much will make the hair feel lank and heavy especially on fine hair. The Product smell reminds me of a vanilla car air freshener. Which is good if you want to smell like that. The product is very eye-catching with swirly gold glitter and I had a lot of clients ask how much the product was but again the price for this product is steep at £25.00 I feel you could get better value for your money. In conclusion to my review, I will give this product a 6/10. So if you are looking for a swirly gold shimmer that smells like your first car this product is for you.
3. Blonde.Angle. So for me, this product was a 10/10 so yes Kevin Murphy did it with this product. I used this product on all of my blondes and I felt the product toned down brassiness almost instantly and my clients all noticed the difference. Product is a bit heavy so a little goes a long way. I feel this product also gave a bit of volume and left the hair feeling manageable and super soft. The scent is light and Kevin murphy have stayed with the lavender scent but it was not overpowering. In my opinion, the conditioning treatment gave a fresh clean feel to the hair and I defiantly will continue to use this product. The price of this product retail is £22.00 again quite pricey and other products on the market will give you a similar result so in conclusion to my review I rate this product 10/10 a Know Your Hair approved product.
For more information on the products reviewed, I have added a Kevin Murphy link below.
Click button below for more info
So after many years of working in salons onshore and offshore, I have decided to partner up with Hobbs Overton in Basingstoke where I am launching Know Your Hair salon. This is a great opportunity to focus on my brand. I have also added a new page to my website where there will be monthly and weekly updates about upcoming events and exciting new offers in the salon as well as a new service list coming soon where you will be able to check out services and prices. But don't worry if you just check in to read my blog that will be continuing.
Know Your Hair the Hair Care Blog will continue with monthly blogs and top tips to keep you up to date.